Me = Machine

Thursday, July 05, 2012

I obviously look like this when I run.
So I know my running isn't exactly Iron Woman worthy quite yet, but I have to say that I'm very proud of myself! So I'm going to just have a little gloating session... because 4 weeks ago, I couldn't run for a minute and a half, and now, I'm running 5 minute intervals with 1.5 walking, and it's... well, not a breeze, but I can do it! And I don't hate my life after. I am really starting to understand why people get really into running. You feel good! And you feel super successful, and quite honestly, I feel even better about myself than I did before I started running! My body hasn't really changed, my legs are just getting more muscular, but I feel healthy, and that shows through, methinks.

One of the things that I really love about running, and I explained this to my sister earlier, is that it's half an hour that's just mine. No one can get me do anything, people don't hassle me, I just put in my headphones, and for half an hour, I get to just listen to my music, and have my brain to myself and just think about stuff I want to think about. It's almost meditative. Anyway, just thought I'd let you know that I'm just about halfway to my 5k!!! I also think it's making my hair grow faster. Maybe that's a giant lie... but I'd like to think that it's true.