[It's Almost] A New Year...

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

...And I'm the worst blogger ever... although calling me a blogger at this point might even be a stretch, seeing as I don't blog for months at a time, these days. But I'm here now, aren't I? And that's what you're getting! Life just gets busy. So let me tell you about it. How interesting.

So the transfer to my new school has been an adventure, to say the least. It sucked at first, I'm not going to lie. Started off with a good cry into my breakfast on the first day of school because I was so terrified, but it's steadily progressed in a positive direction since! I joined a women's philanthropic/social club (hi, we're not a sorority, so get that outta your head) part way through October, and that has been the best thing to happen to me since... well I don't know what since, but it's pretty freaking great! I've made so many great friends through it, and had some really stellar experiences so far. I'm even the Pledge President (I'd just like to state again: not a sorority) so I get to be that extra bit more involved. I got to do the decorations for our semi-formal. It's a big deal. Actually, that did end up being a pretty big deal. But that's for other reasons that you'll probably pick up on later.

I'm on holiday from school right now, but I'm really looking forward to heading back to the city for second term. Well, for New Years, really; and to spend time with those types of people you want to spend time with, of course. I've set goals for school, have a busy social schedule with Phrateres (the lady club), and some other particularly lovely things to look forward to outside all that. So in general, the New Year is looking like it's going to be a good one! And I'm so excited to see what happens! As long as it's only good stuff. I'm not excited for the inevitable bad bits. But that's life!